Monday, June 10, 2013

the perfect in the day-to-day.

Southern breakfast buffet in Memphis (at Shoney's, no less.)
Despite being an “adult” for several years now, I really struggle to handle the never-ending tasks associated with daily life. I spend a significant amount of time feeling overwhelmed and anxious about staying on top of work, cleaning, errands, bills and everything else that every other adult also has to worry about. Recently, I've realized that while I’m constantly trying to check things off my list (usually so desperately that I don’t actually get to check anything off), I don’t stop to appreciate the things that bring me more happiness and satisfaction than actually finishing my grading or cleaning the bathroom. One of my main motivations behind this blog is to remind myself to stop and enjoy those little things. Here are a few from the past couple of weeks…

A cancelled flight and extra night in Nashville meant more bonding time with this little lady.
Summer essentials from one of J.Crew Factory's irresistible sales.
A recent dinner favorite: Jen's Apple and Gorgonzola Pizza
Lovely NYC night enjoying this perfect pour.

Have a wonderful week!

love, m. 




No comments:

Post a Comment